Focaccia is a beloved Italian bread that has been enjoyed for centuries. Its soft, chewy texture and delicious herb-infused flavour make it a versatile bread that can be enjoyed as a snack or as a side dish to a variety of meals, such as pasta, soups, stews and so much more. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make the perfect and easiest focaccia from scratch.
To make this delicious rosemary focaccia bread, you will need only a few simple ingredients and tools that will make the process extra easy (plus you can reuse these tools for literally all of your baking recipes!)
Get ready to taste the delicious combination of fresh herbs, olive oil, and flaky salt in every bite with our recipe!
Focaccia Bread Recipe 🍞🌿
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt + plus more to sprinkle before baking (we used pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (½ packet)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh herbs (we used rosemary) or Italian seasoning
- Danish Dough Whisk
- 8" x 4" Baking Pan
- In a medium-large bowl, combine flour, salt, and instant yeast. Stir well. Add the warm water.
- Using our Breadsmart Danish Whisk, mix until all of the flour is well incorporated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Line one loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into the centre of the pan. Place the dough in the pan, turning to coat it with oil. Form a log shape with the dough. It doesn’t have to fully fill the pan as it will have time to rise.
- Cover your pan tightly and allow the dough to rest for 2 hours (you can put it in the oven with the oven light on to help the rising process). After rising, the dough should cover most of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F with a rack positioned in the centre of the oven.
- Drizzle another tablespoon of oil over the dough. With oiled fingers, using both hands, press straight down and create deep dimples. If necessary, gently stretch the dough as you dimple to allow the dough to fill the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with fresh herbs or Italian seasoning and flaky salt.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 425˚F.
- Bake for 22 to 28 minutes, until the top, is golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool down slightly. Trust us, it will be hard to resist just diving in! 😄
Serve warm and enjoy!
One of our favourite ways to eat focaccia is by simply dipping it into the olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture - trust us, it tastes heavenly! ☁️
Give this recipe a try and we're sure you'll fall in love with the delicious taste and texture of homemade focaccia. 🌿🌿🌿